WHERE CAN I FIND BIOLOGICAL INFORMATION?
- Biological information is stored in biological databases
- One of the research areas of bioinformatics is the development of biological databases, archives where the biological information is stored in an organized way.
- There are many types of biological databases according to the stored information (literature, nucleotide or amino acid sequences, etc.) as well as the format (text, tables, etc.).
- The great majority are reliable and freely accessible via Internet.
- In the first research project you will go over different databases to search for information on genes involved in vision.