- Bioinformatics at Schools is a set of activities aimed at secondary school students that complement and reinforce the curriculum of Life Sciences.
- The project is a close collaboration between the Unit of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology of the Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência, Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian and Portuguese High Schools.
To increase knowledge and interest for science in high school students making them active participants in research activities using enquiry-based learning methods. We provide:
- A website where teachers and students can find training materials to support the teaching of Life Sciences, particularly in the area of Biology, using Bioinformatics resources.
- New ways to learn biology, adapting Bioinformatics exercises to the curricula of practical classes, encouraging the acquisition of new scientific and technological knowledge,
- A program of activities to all schools in the country, as well as the development of a training program for teachers, complementary to that program.